Friday, May 22, 2009

Strawberry Feilds

I wish I had fields of Strawberries! ~sigh~ I bought this little plant this year hoping that it would produce lots of yummy strawberries for me. Boy was I wrong... I got these three strawberries and that. was. it. I was so sad. There were lots and lots of blooms, 37 to be exact. But the heat came and killed them all. Dang heat. I so badly want to live somewhere where I can have a garden.


Home grown strawberries seem so much sweeter to me than the ones bought at the store. Have you noticed that, or is it just me?
I did however make homemade Strawberry Jam! Oh it turned out SO well! I LoVe homemade jam!! It is one of my favorite things! (Thanks to my friend Heidi who helped me make it all)
I will tell you more about the jam later...
Do you have a garden? What kinds of things do you grow? Do you have any tips for me? Please share!!!

3 comments:

The Slider Family said...

It just takes lots of practice over the years, be patient and keep planting! Three is better than none.

{love, mj.} said...

thats too bad you didn't get very many strawberries! mine are starting to die off too :) they really are better than store bought ones for sure!

Michelle Bebe said...

maybe you planted a little late??? i dunno but those ones look delish!