Monday, April 20, 2009

Project of the Week: Headboard

Last Monday I showed you my {unfinished} headboard.
Here is what it looks like now...

I LOVE it SOOOO much!! I can't believe it took me this long to finish it! I still need to decorate, so pay no attention to the blank walls! I will give you a little run through of how I finished the headboard.
First: I painted it "Antique White"
I really loved the way it looked at this stage and was kind of sad to continue.
{but I knew it would look soooo much better if I did}
Second: I gave it a light sanding {this is a very important step}
Third: I painted it black. {I forgot to take a picture}
Fourth: I sanded all the edges by hand, and then I sanded the rest with an electric sander

I don't have the best camera, so these pictures don't really do it justice.

This weeks project...

A Craft Table!

Chris decided that he was tired of seeing all my scrapbook stuff everywhere he turned! {I can't help it, I'm addicted} So he told me to find something I liked and he would make it for me!

{picture from Pottery Barn}

The only difference will be that my table will be painted "Antique White", and Chris wants to add some extra moulding! I am super excited! I am in one of those moods where I want to get organized, and I know this will help do the trick!

On an side note, Chris said that he is willing to make any these things {or anything you have a picture of} for you! Just contact me for any specifics and pricing!

What are you working on this week??

9 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

AMAZING... It looks FANTASTIC... You and your hubby are a GREAT team!!

The Slider Family said...

It turned out BEAUTIFUL!! You are very talented as we all know!

katielyn said...

That turned out wonderful! I love it. I can't wait to see it in person.

mommyholly said...

Omg love the headboard!!! :) And that Pottery Barn table is amazingggggg. Have a happy weekend!! xoxox Holly

{love, mj.} said...

It turned out SO awesome! i love it!

Unknown said...

That looks amazing! I could use one of those tables as well!

Jessica said...

Holy Cow I totally want that table/desk thing. That is so cool. Let me know prices and stuff. that would be SO awesome! I would have to paint mine black though, to match my house :)

Em said...

Love the headboard! I wish I had room for a craft table like that... what an awesome hubby you have! The jewels I hung outside were from Walmart in the sewing section. The hooks were brass/gold that is why I rusted them up :)

codyandkristiboretsky said...

Hey Taina! This is Kristi Curtis- remember me from good ol' Dana Ranch Ward?! I have to admit that I check out your cute blog every now and then! This headboard is FABULOUS! You are very talented in the craft department! I pretend like I'm good at crafts but really I just try to copy other peoples work and they always end up looking like crap! Anyways- can't wait to see more of your great projects!